3.05.2007

Life 4: My Mother’s Gift of Love

My mother has always been a very big supporter of holiday cheer. She gets tremendous satisfaction from giving gifts to my father, my sister, and me. Of all the holidays, Valentine’s Day has always been an especially important holiday for her because it gives her the opportunity to give me both chocolate and a mystery Valentine’s Day surprise. For the past four years, I have received boxer shorts with patterned hearts and a bag of chocolates.


Now, for most early post-college grads, this is a godsend: You get an extra pair of clean underwear and a fix for your sweet tooth! I like chocolate as much as the next guy, but I am not really a dessert person. In fact, I was raised on brown rice, beans, vegetables, and tofu; I only ate fast food a few times before I was peer-pressured in middle school; and, as a kid, my dessert was a banana without the peel. I used to keep my Halloween candy until it went bad or until the next Halloween when I got a new batch. I always eat the chocolates that she gives me, but only because other people ask if they can have a piece and I don’t want to make them feel fat. But I digress…

On this Valentine’s Day, despite all of her gift giving glory, my dearest mother forgot to send the care package before February 14th. She let this fabled holiday sneak past without sending chocolates and the mystery Valentine’s Day surprise. Fortunately, while visiting me in Boston the following week to meet with Doctor Epstein, my father was able to bring me this year's treat. And this turned out to be one of the most powerful and touching Valentine’s Day surprises I have ever received. Rather than another pair of ridiculous boxers, my mother gave me a piece of Polychrome Jasper from Madagascar.

Now, for those of you that don’t know my mother, she is a healing arts practitioner. She sells crystals and gemstones for both their aesthetic and spiritual value. Polychrome Jasper, nicknamed the Heavenly Stone, has three special spiritual incarnations:

  1. It holds the truth about the potential of Heaven on Earth
  2. It teaches about time by releasing the ties of the past and embracing the now
  3. It helps create the light structure for living divine purpose

For those of you who have read my previous posts, you will realize that the power of this crystal is exactly what I need in my life right now.I am currently seeking to have more divine purpose, a release from the past and embrace of the now, and the realization that every moment is heavenly.Obviously, my mother is in touch with my intentions to some extent, but to present me with a tangible object carrying the same purpose was truly synchronistic.

This crystal has been a truly special gift to me. On the one hand, it serves as a tangible embodiment for my vision that I can see every day. And on the other hand, it serves as a reminder of my mother Selena’s love. And at the end of the day, even though I can’t eat it or wear it, it’s the best gift a mother can give!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home